Friday, January 21, 2011

Reliance Power - comment of Sunil

Refer to the suggestion of Sunil about buying  the script -  Reliance Power,
I would say this is one of the  script with most unusual  history,  The IPO of this company  was launched during The stock market High time,  and  it was hugely oversubscribed,  BUT unfortunately, as the day of Listing approached market went Topsy Turvy,   and the share allotees  were  blessed  with a bonus shares  even before the share listing happened on the stock markets.
Present stock performance -
52wk High- 192.8,
52wk Low - 133
BV   - 58.69
EPS - 1.14   ( LOW)
P/E  -  120.97 ( Very unfavourable)
RONW         - 0.77 (V. Low)
Today's Price - 142

One can invest, if one has a Very long investment Horizon, as for the period of 1 to 2 years is concerned  I do not think there is going to be any reasonable positive movement in this stock.
Since the present market situation is more Bearish and the chances of this stock falling below than its 52wk Low is very much possible, I do not think one should put any money in this stock at present.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kuldeep,
    Thats a good peek into the fundamentals of the stock. For everyone's benefit, can you pls. explain on BV, EPS, P/E & RONW. Also, if you can explain with what is an "ideal" value for each of these parameters, I think it will be awesome good info.

    I'll shortly post the technical analysis view of this stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks selva,
    Regarding these terms, I will be posting some details in my next post at my Equity Blog...
    I am trying to make this forum and links a little more interesting in a layman's point of view, and during the process will let us learn also....

    ReplyDelete